Cybersecurity is the protection of internet-connected systems – including hardware, software, and data – from cyberattacks. In a computing context, security is comprised of cybersecurity and physical security. Both are used by enterprises to protect against unauthorized access to data centers and other computerized systems. Information security (a subset of cybersecurity) is designed to maintain the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of data.
Cybersecurity is essential to any company and is only increasing in necessity as the digital shift continues. Not only do we help your company prevent cyberattacks, but data breaches and identity theft that are often associated with them. Our cybersecurity services enable Risk Management and Mitigation.
Common Types of Cybersecurity Threats
- Malware:?Any file or program used to harm or infiltrate a computer/device, such as viruses, trojan horses, and spyware.
- Ransomware:?A type of malware that involves an attacker locking the victim’s computer system, typically through encryption, and demanding payment to decrypt and unlock it.
- Social Engineering:?An attack that relies on human interaction to trick users into breaking security procedures in order to gain sensitive information that is typically protected.
- Phishing:?A form of fraud where bogus emails are sent to resemble emails from reputable sources, with the intent to steal sensitive data (such as credit card or login information).
Ensuring cybersecurity requires the coordination of efforts throughout an information system. Wise Men helps safeguard your company through the different elements of cybersecurity:
- Application Security
- Information Security
- Network Security
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity Planning
- Operational Security
- End-User Education
Benefits of Cybersecurity Services
- Protection against the various types of threats
- Protection for data and networks
- Prevention of unauthorized users
- Curbed recovery time after a breach
- Protection for end users
- Improved confidence in a product for both developers and customers
Enterprises today are critically dependent on IT to conduct business operations. This dependence, coupled with increasing interconnectedness and rapidly evolving cyber threats, reinforces the need for senior management to be engaged and involved in understanding cybersecurity risk. This includes routinely discussing cybersecurity issues in meetings; monitoring and maintaining sufficient awareness of threats and vulnerabilities; establishing and maintaining a dynamic control environment; managing connections to third parties; developing and testing business continuity and disaster recovery plans that incorporate cyber incident scenarios.
Wise Men Consultants performs cybersecurity assessments to determine any security threats and the risk level facing your organization. These risk assessments identify, estimate, and prioiritize risks to organizational operations, assets, individuals, and other organziations resulting from the use of information systems.
The need for organizations to protect their information has grown exponentially with continuous technological advances. With a signifcant increase in data threats and breaches, there is a demand for tangible assurance about the security of personal/company data. Our cybersecurity assessments provide an independent and in-depth review of your system to protect information assets against relevant threats.
Reasons to perform a cybersecurity risk assessment:
- Reduce long-term costs
- Provide a template for future assessments
- Provide organizations with greater self-awareness
- Avoid breaches and other security incidents
- Improve communication practices and understanding
Three types of assessments can be conducted:
- Cybersecurity Audits?evaluate and demonstrate compliance with narrow, specific regulatory requirements.
- Vulnerability Assessments?evaluate an organization’s hardware, software, and procedures against a list of known vulnerabilities and best practices as set by the manufacturer.
- Penetration Testing?is a special kind of vulnerability assessment that involves active evaluation as opposed to passive inventories.
Our assessments help our clients answer the following questions:
- How effective is your security?
- Have you been breached, and if so, what assets were compromised?
- How can you mitigate the results of a breach?
- Who is attacking you and what are they after?
- What are the security risks associated with an impending merger or acquisition?
- What programs and procedures can you implement to prevent future attacks?
Benefits of performing a data security assessment:
- Defining risk management strategies
- Thorough assessment of an organization’s cybersecurity preparedness
- Clearly identifying and determining an organization’s overall cyber risk
- Aligning an organization’s cybersecurity position with its risks
- Having a defined project plan and process for reaching and demonstrating compliance
- Formally stating the risk management practices that are missing along with specific actions to take